- Mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, beans, potatoes)- chopped - 2 cups
- Tomatoes - finely chopped - 2
- Tamarind - quarter size
- grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Cilantro leaves - few finely chopped sprigs.
- Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- White split lentils (urad dal) - 1 tsp
- Cloves - 3
- Cardomom - 1
- Cinammon - 1" piece
- Dried red chillies - 1
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Coconut oil - 1 Tbsp
- Boil the chopped vegetables with the tamarind, some water and keep aside. Use as little water as possible.
- In a pan, roast all the ingredients for the masala in 1 Tbsp of oil. Roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, cloves, cardamom, cinammon, dried red chillies, garlic. Once the urad dal turns reddish, remove from heat.
- In a blender, grind the masala along with the grated coconut with as little water as required. Grind to a fine paste.
- To the pot of boiled vegetables, add the masala paste, cut tomatoes and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
[[Ammas recipes]] [[Indian recipes]] [[Try]]