Vangibath (Capsicum rice)
- Onion (finely chopped) - 1
- Capsicum (finely chopped) - 2
- Rice uncooked - 2 cups
- Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Vangibath powder
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Hing - 1 pinch
- Curry leaves
- Cook the rice and keep aside to cool.
- Chop the onions and capsicum into small pieces.
- In a wide pan, heat the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, hing.
- When the mustard seeds start cracking add onion
- Saute the onions till they become transparent
- Add the cut capsicum and saute for another 5 mins, till the onions start lightly Browning.
- Add the salt, vangibath powder and mix for 2 min.
- Add the cooked rice and mix thoroughly. Add another tbsp of oil if needed.
- Serve hot with raita / chutney and chips.
[[Indian recipes]] [[Rice]] [[Ammas recipes]]