- Split black gram (urad dal) flour- 6 to 7 tsp
- Thick yogurt- 1/2 cup
- Salt- 3/4 to 1 tsp
- Ginger- 1" piece
- Green chillies- 2 no.
- Asafoetida- Chickpea sized or 1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil- 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Split urad dal- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Finely chop ginger and green chillies, keep them aside.
- Take a bowl adding thick yogurt,split black gram flour, salt and dissolved asafoetida. Stir it well so that flour gets blended well with curds.
- Heat a seasoning pan adding coconut oil, mustard seeds, split urad dal and curry leaves.
- As the mustard seeds start popping, throw in finely chopped ginger and green chillies.
- Saute for while and transfer this seasoning to yogurt and urad dal flour mix.
Creamy, thick uddina hittu is ready. Serve it with hot steamed rice, topping it with coconut oil and fried sun dried green chillies.
- Thick, creamy yogurt is recommended.
- You can use additional water while mixing flour with yogurt. But ensure the dish is of pouring consistency and not running.
[[Ammas recipes]] [[Indian recipes]] [[Dips]]