- Tomatoes (chopped) - 4
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 Tbsp
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Chopped curry leaves - 4
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil - 1 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Jaggery - 1 small piece
- Sambar powder - 1tsp
- Heat the oil in a pot.
- Add the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When it splutters, add the chopped curry leaves and red chilli powder.
- After about 30s, add the tomatoes and mix.
- Add salt. Mash the tomatoes for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water. Simmer on a low flame, covered for 10mins.
- Open the cover. Let it cook, while continually mashing till it becomes thick and pulpy.
- Add the sambar powder and jaggery. Mix well till the jaggery melts.
- Remove from flame and serve.
[[Ammas recipes]] [[Indian recipes]] [[Dips]] [[Try]]