You can make tambuli from one of the below ingredients. The recipe here is for Spincach tambuli. Instead you can use
- Drumstick flower
- Brahmi leaves (Timmare)
- Drumstick leaves
- Fenugreek leaves (Methi)
- Ash gourd (Boodu kumbalakayi)
- Methi seeds
- Palak/Spinach - 20 - 25 leaves
- Cumin seeds - 3/4 tsp
- Grated coconut - 4 tsp
- Salt - 3/4 tsp
- Buttermilk / whisked yogurt - 1 bowl
- Green chillies - 1
- Mustard seeds
- Urad dal
- Red chilli
- Curry leaves
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Wash the palak leaves and remove the thick stem from them. Keep it aside.
- In a frying pan add 1/2 tea spoon of oil, palak leaves and cumin seeds. Fry them in medium flame till the spinach leaves become mushy.
- Add fried items from step 1, grated coconut, green chilly, yogurt / buttermilk and salt in to a blender and grind it to fine paste adding minimum water.
- The consistency of tambli should be thinner than chutney. So adjust the consistency by adding water.
- Now in a seasoning pan heat oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal, red chilly and curry leaves. When mustard seeds splutter add it to tambuli. Palak tambli is ready to be served with hot rice.
- Green chilly can be replaced by red chilly or few pepper seeds.
- Ginger, methi leaves, brahmi can be used instead of spinach leaves.
[[Ammas recipes]] [[Indian recipes]] [[Dips]]