Set dosa batter / Curd dosa batter
- White rice - 3 cups
- Split white urad dal - 1 tbsp
- Chana dal - 1 tbsp
- Methi seeds - 1 tbsp
- Parched rice (poha) - 3 cups
- Yogurt / sour curd - 3 cups
- Mix the rice, methi seeds, chana dal and urad dal in a pot. Wash it thoroughly. Soak in water for 4-6 hours.
- Soak the poha with 1/4 cup water for 30mins.
- Blend the soaked dals, rice, methi, and poha, adding small amounts of water as needed.
- Blend to a coarse, thick yet pourable paste.
- Put the batter in a pot such that the batter is filling half the pot or less, ready to ferment. Add the yogurt and mix well.
- Place the pot in a warm place overnight. If you have an oven, you can place it in the oven with the light on overnight.
- When properly fermented, the batter raises, turns light and fluffy with lots of pores and bubbles. To test, drop half a spoon of the batter into a bowl filled with water. Well fermented batter will float, not sink.
- Mix the salt in right before making dosas.
[[Ammas recipes]] [[Indian recipes]][[Batters]] [[Try]]