You can make sagu using one of the following vegetables.
- Pumpkin (Kempu kumbalakayis)
- Carrots + beans + potatoes
- Chopped vegetables- 2 cups
- Peas - 1/2 cup
- Tamarind - quarter size
- Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Cloves - 3
- Cardomom - 1
- Cinammon - 1" piece
- Poppy seeds (khus khus or gasagase) - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 1
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Finely chopped onion - 1/2 cut
- Coconut oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cilantro leaves - few finely chopped sprigs.
- Partially boil the chopped vegetables and peas with the tamarind, some water. Use as little water as possible.
- In a pan, roast all the ingredients for the masala in 1 Tbsp of oil. Roast the cloves, cardamom, cinammon, poppy seeds, garlic, onion and green chillies.
- In a blender, grind the masala along with the grated coconut with as little water as required. Grind to a fine paste.
- To the pot of par-boiled vegetables, add the masala paste and bring to a boil till the vegetables are cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
[[Ammas recipes]] [[Indian recipes]] [[Try]]