Onion tomato chutney
- Pearl onions or (1 medium size onion)- 1 Cup
- Tomato – 1/2 (chopped)
- White lentil (Urad dhal) – 1 tbsp
- Bengal gram (Channa dhal) – 1 tbsp
- Red Chillies – 3 or 4 (according to spice level)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a few
- Heat oil in a small pan and add the red chillies, urad dhal and channa dhal.
- Fry till they turn slightly brown and add the onions
- Fry them till they become translucent and add the tomatoes.
- Add little salt and fry till the tomatoes become soft.
- Let them cool and grind them to a smooth paste.
- Season it with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
Serve it with hot idli, dosa or utthappam.
[[Indian recipes]] [[Dips]]