Mavinkayi Chitranna - quick
- Cooked rice
- 4 green chillies slit length wise
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 3-4 springs coriander leaves
- 5-6 tsp freshly grated coconut
- 3 tsp oil, mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal, channa dal, haldi, red chillies, pinch of hing,
- Salt to taste.
- Cook the rice in your rice cooker or pressure cooker. Spread it on a plate and separate the grains.
- In a pan, heat oil. Than add mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, hing and haldi. Let the dals roast for a minute.
- Next, add green chillies, curry leaves and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the finely grated raw mango as shown below.
- Fry for a few more minutes. At this point, I also added the fresh grated coconut.
- Now add the rice and gently mix all the ingredients. Add salt as well.
- Next, add coriander leaves. Let the heat be very low.
- Turn off the gas and serve.
Add a bunch of finely chopped menthya soppu with grated mango and fry on low flame. This will give a great flavour to chitranna. Menthya and mavinakai together is heavenly!
[[Indian recipes]] [[Rice]]