Marwadi Methi Moong Dal
- 1/2 cup yellow moong dal/split yellow gram
- 1/4 cup chopped methi leaves/fenugreek leaves
- 2-3 green chillies/hari mirch
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste/adrak lenhsun
- 1 tablespoon lemon/juice nimbu ka ras
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
- Pinch aseofetida/hing
- 1 tablespoon ghee/clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves/dhaniya
- Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker, add moong daal with 1 cup water, turmeric and salt.
- Cook till 2 whistles releases.
- In kadai/wok heat 1/2 tablespoon of ghee and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- When hot, add in hing and jeera.
- Also add in ginger garlic paste, cook till raw smell fades away.
- Mix in green chillies and methi leaves.
- Cook till methi leaves becomes mushy.
- Finally mix in cooked daal and lemon juice.
- Mix and let it boil.
Serve with dollop of remaining ghee and chopped coriander leaves.
[[Instantpot]] [[Dals]] [[Indian recipes]]