My mom's no-oil lemon pickle
- 10 Lemons
- 30 Serrano Chilies (or equivalent - reduce the amount if you ant somethng less spicy))
- 7 inch Ginger piece
- 2 teaspoons Methi Seeds
- 5 tablespoons whole black pepper corn
- 1 cup crystal Salt
- Wash the lemons, Green chilies and Ginger thoroughly.
- Dry them thoroughly (2 days worth of air drying)
- IN a container, quarter (or cut smaller if desired) the lemons. Deseed them. Do not get this near water at all. Collect the lemon juice.
- Chop up the chilies
- Peel the ginger and finely chop it.
- Dry Roast the Methi Seeds till they become red. Then cool and grind them into a powder.
- In a Glass jar (do not use plastic), add the cut lemons, with the collected lemon juice, chilies, ginger, black peppercorn and Methi powder. Add crystal salt.
- Close the jar tightly (make it airtight).
- Store for two months in a cool dark place.
- Remove the jar once a week and shake it well for 5 mins (Do not open it)
[[Ammas recipes]] [[Spice mixes]] [[Try]]