- Rice - 1 1/2 cups
- Green mung dal (green gram) - 3/4 cup
- Chana dal (bengal split gram) - 3/4 cup
- Toor dal (pigeon peas split) - 3/4 cup
For Tempering (Tadka)
- Clarified butter (ghee) - 3 tsp
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 3 tsp
- Cinnamon (dalchini) - 1 1/2 inch piece
- Bay leaves (tej patta) - 3 piece
- Clove (laung / lavang) - 6 piece
- Turmeric powder (haldi) - 3 tsp
- Water - 6 cups (more like 9)
- Dry red chili - 3 piece
- Asafoetida (hing) - 3/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
1.In a pressure cooker, heat a teaspoon of clarified butter (ghee) and oil.
2. Add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, dry red chili, cumin seeds, asafoetida and let the seeds crackle.
3. Now add rice and all lentils in pressure cooker.
4. Add water, turmeric powder and salt to taste. Mix everything well and pressure cook the khichdi for 20 minutes on low flame.
5. Serve the khichdi hot with some clarified butter (ghee) on top and with kadhi.
[[Indian recipes]][[Rice]] [[Instantpot]]