Heirloom Tomato Salad
Serves / Yields: 2-4
This recipe is from the June 8-12, 2020 flyer delivered with produce by Farm Fresh to You.
- Assorted heirloom tomatoes - 2-4 (cut into wedges and slices)
- Cucumber - 5 (sliced)
- Avocado - 1 (sliced)
- Red Onion - 1/4 cup (thinly sliced)
- Fresh Basil - 1/4 cup (torn)
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Lemon Zest and juice - 1 tsp (more for garnish)
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Sea Salt - 1/2 tsp (adjust per taste)
- Fresh Pepper - 1/8 tsp
- In a medium bowl toss the cut/sliced tomatoes, cucumber, Avocado, red onion and basil with olive oil, lemon zest and juice, honey, salt and pepper.
- Let sit for a few minutes to release the natural heirloom tomato juices.
- Place onto serving dishes.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste and sprikle with lemon zest for garnish.