Yummy biscuits meant to be dipped in wine, especially Vinsanto and eaten.
- Flour - 400g
- Sugar - 200g
- Almonds (shelled) - 150g (upto 200g)
- Eggs - 3 (2 for the pastry, 1 for the wash)
- Egg yolks - 3
- Baking powder - 2 Tbsp
- Orange Essence - 2ml Or
- Zest of half an Orange
- Pinch of salt
- Parchment paper
- Slightly toast the almonds for 10minutes at 180°C / 375°F until toasted.
- Remove from oven and let it cool.
- Whip 2 eggs and 3 yolks with sugar.
- Add flour, baking powder, orange essence / zest and some salt, and the cooled almonds.
- Cut the pastry to get long and high strips, ~1.5cm in diameter (like biscottis).
- Put these strips on floured parchment paper and brush them with a whipped egg.
- Bake for 15mins at 200°C.
- Remove them and cut them while they are hot so they look like cookies.
- Bake them again at 180°C for 10minutes.
[[Desserts]] [[Italian recipes]] [[Oven]] [[Try]]