- Cabbage - 250 gm (1/2)
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Salt- 3/4 tsp
- Jaggery- 1 tsp
- Grated coconut- 3 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly (Byadagi variety)- 1 no.
- Coconut oil- 4 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Split black gram lentil- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Finely chop cabbage and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan adding all the seasoning ingredients in the order mentioned, when mustard seeds splutter add finely chopped cabbage to it.
- Saute for a while.
- Add jaggery, salt and turmeric powder to it.
- Cook it covered till soft adding 1/4 cup of water.
- Meanwhile add grated coconut, cumin seeds and red chilly to mixer and grind it coarsely without adding water. This is masala for cabbage stir fry.
- Add this masala to cooked cabbage, stir and cook for few minutes so that masala gets blended well. Then switch off.
- Cabbage stir fry is ready to serve. It is a good side dish with chapati and rice-rasam combo.
- Do not too much water to cook cabbage. It may become soggy.
- This is amild spiced stir fry, use additional red chilly to suit your taste buds.
- Keep stirring in between to ensure stir fry is not burnt
[[Ammas recipes]] [[Indian recipes]] [[Salads]]