Brinjal / gulla palya
- Eggplant (1 large ) or Mattina Gulla ( 6 small round)
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Tamarind - 1 quarter size
- Jaggery - small piece
- Sambar powder - 3 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Cut the eggplant into slices.
- Make a thick mix of salt, turmeric, and tamarind with a little water. Soak the eggplant in this for 30mins.
- Mash with hand.
- Boil without adding any more water.
- Add a little more salt and jaggery and mix.
- Add the sambar powder and mix well.
- Drizzle the oil on top.
[[Ammas recipes]] [[Indian recipes]] [[Salads]] [[Try]]