Avocado Dahi Sev puri
- Avocado – 2 (on the firmer side)
- Onion - 1
- Tomato – 1 or 2
- Cilantro – 1 cup
- Sea salt
- Red chili powder
- Chaat masala
- Sweet tamarind chutney
- Flat papdi chips or sev puri gols (1 –2 boxes)
- Yogurt (dahi)
Ingredients for Mint Chutney
- Cilantro – 1 bunch
- Mint leaves - ½ bunch
- Green chillies – 5
- Chaat masala
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Peel and chop the ripe flesh into small pieces. I chose avocados that are not very soft yet - these were still on the firmer side. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the finely chopped onions -about 1 medium sized onion would do - make sure the quantity of onions is not more than the avocado - about the same or a little less would be good
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes in to the mixing bowl
- Cilantro - chop it up finely and add to the mixing bowl
- Add sea salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala to the mixing bowl
- Mix everything well until combined.
Assembly of the avo-dahi sev puri
- Pick up each chip and scoop in the avocado mix and place flat on the plate.
- Add a few drops of the green chutney on top of each filled papdi chip.
- Now add a couple of drops of the sweet chutney on top of the papdi chips.
- Next add dahi on top.
- Since dahi can make stuff bland, add another layer of chutneys on top of the dahi too.
- Top off again with a little bit of sev and enjoy!
- Grind together 1 bunch of coriander leaves (washed well), 1/2 bunch of mint leaves, a couple of green chillies, salt, chaat masala
- Once ground to a smooth paste, add 1tsp of lemon juice on top. You're quick chutney is done!
Recipe from loveandlentil.com
[[Snacks]] [[Indian recipes]]