Amtekayi huli gojju
My mom's amtekayi huli gojju recipe.
Amtekayi or Ambade, also known as the Indian Hog Plum is a tangy fruit, similar to a tiny mango. For making this chutney, pick tender fruit with soft seeds so the pit can be eaten too.
- Tender amtekayi - 5
- Jaggery - a small piece
- Green chillies (split) - 1
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Curry leaves - 2
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil - 2 Tbsp
- Boil the amtekayi with just a little water.
- Once boiled, add salt, jaggery and the split green chillies.
- Heat the oil in the tempering pan. Add the asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add the temper to the chutney.
[[Ammas recipes]] [[Indian recipes]] [[Dips]] [[Try]]