- Fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves (cleaned, washed and finely chopped) - 1 1/2 cup
- Potatoes (peeled and cut into small pieces) - 3 medium
- Tomato (chopped) - 1
- Garlic cloves (crushed) - 2
- Salt (to taste)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4th tsp
- Red chili powder to taste
- Cumin seeds (jeera) - 1/2 tsp
- Whole dry red chilies - 2-3
- Vegetable oil - 2-3 tbsp
- Heat oil and add crushed garlic and fry till brown.
- Add cumin seeds and dry red chilies.
- When cumin seeds are done and chilies turn brown add salt, turmeric, chili powder and chopped tomato. Sauté for a moment.
4.Now add potatoes and mix well. Cook till potatoes are half done on a medium flame.
- Add methi and cook on a medium flame till done and till water is fully absorbed.
Serve the aloo methi hot with chapati or paratha.
Recipe from indianfoodforever.com